Thursday, December 07, 2006

DEER season

A familiar site around Wolseley these days is a pick-up trucks filled with men in bright orange suits. In fact last Saturday the Ellisboro road was a almost crowded ( about four trucks :)) with hunters all cruising slowly looking for deer.
I had just bagged a substantial buck north of Ellisboro so my season had ended.


Moose are often being spotted in the area and when my Dad and I rounded a bush north of the valley near Mac Bishop's farm we had our encounter. A nice cow was just sauntering along which allowed me a opportunity to take an albeit bad photo of the great animal.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bear,

Nice post. Orange suits you (as a hunter that is not a con).

Great photos.

Susan

Anonymous said...

I favour the black and white stripes.
Having criminals were orange is an offense to hunters.